COVID-19 RESOURCES & UPDATES
In accordance with the Governor’s directives to slow the spread of COVID-19, Maryland public schools are closed through the end of the 2019-20 school year. Updates are shared regularly via email and text and families can contact the school office at any time: firstname.lastname@example.org or text 410-297-7069.
DISTANCE LEARNING UPDATE
In response to school closures related to the COVID-19 crisis, Baltimore Montessori Public developed three goals to guide distance learning:
- Maintain Connection: A consistent structure is in place for our school family to engage in meaningful ways.
- Develop the Whole Child: A balanced and realistic framework considers the various needs of our families.
- Continue Student Learning: Lessons and assignments help maintain core academic skills.
Parents and caregivers can support distance learning goals in the following ways:
- Develop a daily schedule that works for your family; click here for a sample.
- Encourage your child to attend their daily class meetings and lessons during the week.
- Provide time and space for your child to work on their lessons and check assignments for completion.
Students access learning activities primarily through Google Classroom. To access Google Classroom, students will need their school-assigned email address (ending in @student.bmpcs.org) and password.
If you do not know your child’s password, contact your child’s guide. Click HERE for a how-to on signing into Google Classroom.
Staff will check in with students working on paper packets to provide support and guidance.
Please send questions to email@example.com or text 410-297-7069.
NEED SUPPORT WITH DISTANCE LEARNING?
Join a virtual Coffee & Conversation:
- Children’s House:
Mondays 8:30-9:00 am
- Lower Elementary:
Tuesdays 9:30-10:30 am
- Upper Elementary:
Mondays 9:15-9:45 am
- Adolescent Community:
Mondays 10:00-10:30 am
- All Levels:
Thursdays 5:00-6:00 pm
Meeting are password-protected. For access help, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 410-297-7069.
DAILY COMMUNITY MEETINGS
Virtual class meetings provide opportunities for staff and students to maintain connections and review learning plans.
View our school-wide meeting schedule HERE and remind your child to attend!